Weddings & Honeymoons
Happily ever after begins at The Jewel Dunn's River... Whether you choose to say "I do" with just the two of you or if your friends and family are along for the adventure, The Jewel Dunn's River is ready to deliver the wedding of your dreams.
Our Free Wedding Package covers everything from the marriage certificate to the food to the flowers - allowing you to relax and feel confident that every detail of your Jamaican wedding will be executed to perfection.
In addition to our Free Wedding Package, The Jewel Dunn's River offers several options for romantic Jamaican Wedding Ceremonies. Walk down an aisle sprinkled with rose petals or say your vows as the sun sets over the Caribbean. Choose a package with a live steel drum player or a full live band. Enjoy a private five-course meal served on the beach.
Ready to pop the question? If you are proposing in Jamaica, our wedding planners can help you plan that perfect moment with a candlelight dinner for two.
If you've already tied the knot, there's no better way to rekindle the romantic spirit than with a renewal of vows ceremony. Surrounded by a Jamaican paradise, you'll remember why you fell in love and your romance will burn hotter than ever. Perfect for anniversaries too, the renewal of vows ceremony is the best way to remind your significant other of your love.
We want you to feel comfortable planning your Jamaican wedding at The Jewel Dunn's River. To help you prepare for your trip, we have included some helpful "before" you go information below. Remember, if you apply in advance for a marriage license, you can get married 24-hrs after you arrive in Jamaica. Please don't hesitate to contact our professional wedding planners with questions.
Honeymooning at The Jewel? Click here to create your Honeymoon Wishes registry and unwrap Paradise.
Documents & requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be on the island a minimum of 48 hours prior to the wedding
- State–issued birth certificates; please note that Passports will not be accepted in lieu of birth certificates
- Copy of Photo ID or Passport
- If either the bride or groom has been divorced, the first and last pages of all court certified final divorce decrees
- If widowed, a state issued death certificate with related marriage certificate
- If applicable, legal name change or legal adoption documents
- If any original documentation is issued in a language other than English, they must be professionally translated into English and included in the documents sent to us.
- Please do not supply original documents as they will not be returned; they are kept by the Jamaican Government.
- For the purpose of authenticating your personal documents, Jamaica requires notarization before they can have legal effect. To have your documents authenticated, bring them to a local notary public. He or she will take a copy of the documents and notarize the copy attesting to having seen the original.
- Please send the notarized photocopies (with the notary’s original ink signature & stamp) of the required documents for both the bride and groom to The Jewel Wedding Office via trackable courier service or use our convenient and expedited service to upload the notarized documents via your Wedding Account at www.jewelresorts.eweddingcalendar.com. Our expedited online service replaces the need to bring or surrender any original documents to the Jamaica government and also expedites the process to receive your marriage certificate to approximately 8-10 weeks.
- The documents should be sent at least 60 DAYS prior to the arrival date. If you send the documentation within 60 days, there will be a US $150.00 late fee.
MAILING ADDRESS: The Jewel Wedding Office, Box 858, Mammee Bay, Ocho Rios, St Ann, Jamaica. We suggest you send by Federal Express.
Renewal of Vows
A copy of your original marriage certificate is all that is needed.