Planning a Jamaica outing, corporate meeting, convention or professional gathering with more than just a few people? We know this involves much more than simply setting up an agenda.
Let us walk you through the important steps to make your event a success at Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa, a Curio Collection by Hilton.
1. Set a budget: The first step to planning any event is setting a budget and sticking to it. This way, you know your capabilities and limitations throughout the entire event planning process. Have all cost agreements from the property and vendors in writing for your records, so you can avoid any surprises in the end. Also, keep an eye on any additional expenses such as taxes, currency conversions, overnight shipping and overtime charges.
2. Pick a date: Choosing a date to host an out-of-country meeting or event will depend on your company’s schedule and the property’s availability (both of the meeting venues and accommodations). Agreeing on a week for everyone is not easy, so consider sending out a survey with a couple of different dates the property is available and see which one suits the most people’s schedules.
3. Choose a venue: When selecting a meeting venue, it’s important to ask yourself the following questions: How many people are attending and what services will I be using? If you anticipate at least 100 guests and plan on presenting a slide show, you’ll want to consider a ballroom with up-to-date audiovisual equipment. You will also need to decide how you would like the room set-up. Choose from either boardroom, hollow square, U-Shape, classroom, reception, banquet or theater style. If you’re not sure, feel free to consult with our professional event planners. We’re happy to make any recommendations!
4. Book accommodations: Odds are your colleagues won’t be happy sleeping in the sand, so you’ll want to ensure you find accommodations that satisfy. If you’re making arrangements for the whole group, consider booking a room block. This will allow your company to take care of everything, or, if colleagues are making their own reservations, they can easily go in and choose an available room from the ones you’ve pre-selected.
5. Arrange for catering: In addition to our all-inclusive dining options on site, we offer special catering services. So whether you want to host a private celebration dinner or a simple coffee break, make the affair mouthwatering and memorable by planning ahead.
6. Schedule outside fun: If you’re gathering your group in Jamaica, you know it has to be more than just business as usual. Break up the day with some team bonding in the ocean, treat the team to a day at the spa, or end the evening sipping and socializing all together at one of our popular on-site bars.
7. Consider group offers: Don’t feel like having to plan every aspect of the trip? Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa, a Curio Collection by Hilton features a variety of packages available for groups booking 10 or more rooms. These cover everything from complimentary airport transfers and private check-ins to one-hour cocktail receptions and room upgrades.
Ready to get started? Call Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa, a Curio Collection by Hilton today and start planning an event of any size that your fellow travelers will always remember.
GET A QUOTE