Start your marriage in Jamaica seamlessly
Getting married at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, A Curio Collection by Hilton? We strive to make your special day go as smoothly as possible by taking care of all of the necessary requirements to make your marriage legal.
Applying for a Jamaican marriage license
Rather than applying for a Jamaican license from the Ministry of Justice prior to the ceremony, couples can simply send the necessary information to Jewel and have it taken care of for them. The cost of the license starts at around US $250, depending on the exchange rate, and couples must be on the property 48 hours before the wedding.
Identification required for a Jamaican marriage license
Come prepared with the following documents translated in English:
- Photo identification plus proof of citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate which includes father’s name)
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower
- Certified copy of divorce decree
- Certified copy of adoption papers reflecting a name change
- Certified copy of any other name change documents
- Parental written consent if either party is under 18
- Italian nationals must notify their embassy and have a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated
- French Canadians need a notarized translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents
- Couple should provide resort with Notarized documents
Jamaican Marriage License
Newlyweds will receive a certified copy of the license in English eight to ten weeks following the ceremony.